Mission of ITC
The mission of ITC is to serve the Hong Kong community through the provision of quality educational programmes, research, consultancy and professional services in fashion and textiles. The activities are anticipated to extend to neighbouring regions and the international arena. These are planned in line with the University's vision to become ‘a preferred university offering preferred programmes and producing preferred graduates’ and the achievement of PolyU’s mission of ‘Academic Excellence in a Professional Context’ through the pursuit of its seven strategic objectives as stated in the University Strategic Plan for 2008/09 to 2011/12.
Goal and Objectives
The goal for the department is to become a world class academic department in fashion and, textile education, research and knowledge transfer with the following taken as the key objectives for ITC from 2009/10 and onwards:
- to provide professional education covering the whole spectrum of activities in fashion and textiles, and develop “all-round” graduates with vision and a global outlook, a sense of social responsibility, critical and creative thinking ability;
- to conduct research to create and disseminate knowledge to the academic community, commerce, industry, society and the world at large;
- to complete the review of academic programmes in fashion and textiles, and further develop the 4-year BA programme curriculum for implementation in 2012/13;
- to further enhance learning and teaching in both teaching methodology and practice, the implementation of outcome based learning (OBE), maintain and upgrade an environment that facilitates learning, with an aim to stimulate students’ learning interest;
- to collaborate with partners on the development of preferred continuing education in fashion and textiles;
- to become an area of excellence in fashion and textile education and research, regionally and internationally; and
- to lead and enhance the development of the fashion and textile industry.