Student Population ( 2011 - 12 )
Staff Population ( as at August 2012 )
|Senior Lecturer / Lecturer||8|
|Adjunct / Honorary / Visiting Professoriate||11|
Programmes Offered ( 2011 - 12 )
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
- Master of Philosophy (MPhil)
- Master of Arts in Fashion and Textile Design
- Master of Arts in Fashion and Textiles
- Master of Arts in Fashion and Textiles (Fashion Merchandising) (Xian, PRC)
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Scheme in Fashion and Textiles
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Scheme in Fashion and Textile Studies
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in Intimate Apparel (phasing-out)
- Higher Diploma/Higher Certificate Scheme in Fashion and Textile Studies
- Fashion and Textile Technology
- Apparel Technology: Intelligent apparel manufacturing planning, scheduling and controlCAD/CAM in textiles and clothing; sizing systems for clothing; 3D body scanning technology; apparel processing technology and management; clothing comfort; clothing functional design, and apparel product development.
- Textile Chemistry and Functional Materials: Functional textile surface treatments, new and smart material fabrication based on nanotechnology and other chemical synthesis technologies, novel and biodegradable polymers synthesis and applications, new polymeric fibres and nano-fibres, ink-jet printing technology, colour quality evaluation and communication technology, eco-friendly dyeing, effluent treatment.
- Textile and Apparel Materials and Products: Advanced flexible, soft and fibrous materials and structures: multi-scaled computational modeling and design, synthesis, characterization. Their applications in healthcare and biomedicine, personal protection, interactions between human and environment as well as between human and man-made devices/machines. Multi-functional intelligent textiles and apparel technology. Flexible bio-opto-electronic devices and wearable systems. Sensory engineering, Sustainable development of textile processing technologies, Three dimensional and complex textile structures. Textile physics and structure mechanics.
- Fashion Business
Consumer behaviors in fashion; Consumer psychology in fashion; Fashion branding; Fashion marketing and merchandising; Fashion retailing; Fashion business intelligence; Quality management; Fashion supply chain management; International trade of textiles and clothing.
- Fashion and Textile Design
Inter-relationship between textiles and fashion; integrations among design, technology and business in fashion and textiles; innovative and/or smart fashion and textiles; the cultural and contextual aspects of design and development; design semiotic and symbolism; visual literacy.
External Research Funding (excluding Consultancy Income) ( July 2004 – June 11 )
|Source||Number of Grants||Amount (HK$)|
|RGC GRF||49||29.6 million|
|ITF / HKRITA||40.5||129.3 million|
Knowledge Transfer ( July 2004 – June 11 )
|Patents granted||57.8 (30 in the Chinese Mainland; 1 in UK; and 26.8 in USA)|
|Consultancy projects||303 with cumulative income of HK$65.5 million|