Research Postgraduate Programmes
ITC offers research degree programmes leading to the degree of Master of Philosophy (MPhil) or Doctor of Philosophy (PhD). The primary objective of the MPhil programme is to educate students at the master's - degree level with a view to prepare them for PhD studies in the near future. The PhD programme is designed primarily to prepare students for a career in academic research and teaching, but it would also enable them to enter a research career.
For the detail, please refer to "Procedures for the Application for Research Students"
- Fashion and Textile Design
- Textile and Apparel Materials and Products
- Textile and Apparel Technology
- Textile Chemistry and Functional Materials
- Fashion and Textile Business
You should normally possess a relevant Bachelor's degree with First or Second Class Honours from a recognized institution. It is usual for you to be initially registered for an MPhil degree programme- with the possibility of transferring later to a PhD degree programme. However, if you completed your Bachelor’s degree with First Class Honours, or if you have a recognized Master's degree containing a dissertation component in a relevant subject area, you can apply for direct admission to a PhD degree programme. The University may accept other equivalent qualifications. The decision is made on an individual basis.
- Requirements for those who do not have a degree from a recognized university at which the language of instruction is English are:
- A score of 6.0 or above in the International English Language Testing System (IELTS); or
- At least 550 or above in the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) for the paper-based test, or at least 213 in the computer-based test, or at least 79 in the internet-based test.
Alternatively, consideration will be given to acceptable scores in other internationally-recognized public examinations, such as the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT).
All English language test scores are considered valid for five years after the date of the test.